Getting Back To Blogging!

It’s been a hot minute since I sat down to write a blog post. And by “a hot minute,” I mean nine years since my last post on my former blog, Kris in Michigan! It feels good to be back.

I have to thank my friend, Terri of Your Friend From Florida blog, for putting blogging back in my mind.  I realized how much I’d missed it.

This blog will be a little bit of everything: daily life, the wonderful chaos of being a grandma to five awesome grandkids, my daily walks, favorite recipes, and our weekend camping trips. I chose the name Sweet Chaos and Campfires because it sums up life around here pretty well.

I’m excited to start writing again and see where this little blog takes me! 

Here's a photo from this morning's walk ( 2.5 miles).







Comments

  1. Kris!! I'm so happy you are back!! We were blogging friends for a long time back in the day, and both of us moved over to blog.spot from Multiply (when they closed it down). You are also one of the first blogging friends I met in person, and we enjoyed several in-person visits when you and your family were visiting in Florida!! Welcome back! Hooray!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, thank you for the warm welcome back! I'm so happy we have been able to stay connected through the years, and I'm looking forward to being active here and seeing your daily updates!

      Delete
  2. Good Morning Kris! I came over from Terri's blog to say hello and welcome back to Blogger! I look forward to getting better acquainted with you! I love the title of your blog...it sounds like a happy place to be! I hope there will be s'mores to go with the campfires! LOL. Have a blessed and wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam! Thank you for stopping by! I'm so happy to connect with you on Blogger. I'm looking forward to reading your posts and getting to know you. I will definitely have some virtual s'mores to pass around! Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. Hi, Kris! Yes, Terri is the one that brought me here and I'm looking forward to visiting with you in the future. Glad you're back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martha! So happy that Terri sent you over here! I look forward to reading your blog and chatting with you here, blogger. Have a fantastic day!

      Delete
  4. I'm visiting from Terri's blog too. We've known each other online for many years and finally got to have a quick meet up in July. I am also a Nana to five : ) What a fun season it is! Welcome back to the blogosphere. I still love it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Joyce! So happy you popped over from Terri's blog! I'm looking forward to hearing some of your Nana stories! I love connecting with other grandparents. Being a grandma is my greatest joy! Have a fantastic day!

      Delete
  5. Hi Kris - coming over from Terri's blog. She's the best and we've even been able to visit each other.
    I'm also in Michigan and wonder where you live. I'm in Allendale - it's between Grand Rapids and Grand Haven.
    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mari! And yes, Terri is the best! I feel so blessed to have had the chance to meet her a few different times. You live in a pretty area of the state! I'm in Sterling Heights, which is about 15 miles from Detroit. I'm loving our fall weather right now! Have a great day, and I look forward to reading your blog!

      Delete
  6. Visiting from Terri's blog. Welcome back. I look forward reading your blog. I wish you good success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debby, for the nice welcome! I'm looking forward to reading your blog and getting to know you! Have a fantastic day, and thanks again for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I came over from Terri's blog to say hello and welcome you back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim! Thanks for stopping by to say hello! It's nice to meet you. I'm looking forward to reading your blog. I see that you live in England. I love England. We vacationed there in 2019 and 2023. Such a beautiful country!

      Delete
  8. Hello, I am visiting from Terri’s blog. A Florida girl here. Welcome back to Blogland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy! Thanks for stopping by! My sister and brother-in-law just moved to Florida. Such a beautiful state!

      Delete
  9. Hi Kris ... I'm delighted to 'meet' you and learn more about you! Let's share a cuppa -- even virtually -- someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mevely! Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm all for sharing a cuppa! Looking forward to getting to know you...off to check out your blog!

      Delete
  10. I'm visiting from one of the link parties that Terri is a part of...welcome back...there was a stretch of time that I just didn't take time to blog, didn't really feel like I had much to say and when I got back to it, I was so happy I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kirstin! Thanks for stopping by and for the warm welcome! It feels so good to be back! Looking forward to getting to know you and seeing your posts!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's Cooking Wednesday: Chicken Rice Bake