What's Cooking Wednesday: Chicken Rice Bake

I thought it would be fun to start sharing one of my family’s favorite recipes every Wednesday!

I’m starting with Chicken Rice Bake because this one goes way back. My mom made it a couple of times a month when I was growing up, and it was always my favorite. Years later, I started making it for my own kids, and now my grandchildren love it too. I think that’s one of my favorite things about family recipes. They just keep getting passed along. 

This is definitely a recipe I make more once fall rolls around. It needs about 45 minutes in the oven, and turning on the oven sounds a whole lot better on a cool fall day than it does in the middle of summer!

It’s simple, comforting, and has been around our family table for a lot of years. I hope you enjoy it too! 



Ingredients: 

4 boneless chicken breasts
1 cup flour
3 tbsp paprika
3 tbsp onion flakes
butter
1 package of dried onion soup mix
2 tbsp parsley flakes
3 cups of white rice
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup

Directions:

Cut chicken breasts into smaller pieces; coat with flour & paprika; brown in butter; set aside; mix the soup, onion flakes, dried onion soup mix, and parsley flakes in a large frying pan.  (I sometimes need to add a little water if it seems too thick). Heat the mixture until it reaches a gentle boil.  Add rice to the mixture and set aside for 5 minutes.  Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish and add the chicken pieces on top.  Cover and bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.  Uncover and let bake an additional 10 minutes.



Comments

  1. This sounds very good, Kris! Thanks for sharing the recipe? I am keeping this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this dish. I used to make a very similar one to this, although I never thought to add the onion soup mix. I can imagine that makes it much more tasty! Thank you for reminding me of this recipe. Yes, I tend to not do many oven meals in the summertime either. Have a lovely rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The onion soup mix really does add to the flavor! Have a great week Pamela!

      Delete
  3. Sounds delicious and great for those cooler nights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Kris, this sounds like a most delightful dish for fall. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make this one too - and got it from my mom. A keeper for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks good and it looks easy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks and sounds like a great recipe and how lovely it has been passed down through your family! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Back To Blogging!