Love Our Granddogs!
After many years of loving life with our dogs, Buddy and Scooby, Walt and I decided to hold off on getting another dog of our own. We’re empty nesters now, and we want the freedom to travel and enjoy this stage of life without worrying about leaving a pet behind.
We know how much love and commitment come with having a dog, so for now, we’re perfectly happy loving on our granddogs instead. We often get to have them stay with us for a few days when our kids go out of town, and I think we’ve found the best of both worlds. We get all the cuddles, and companionship without the full-time responsibility!
They definitely know Grandma and Paw Paw’s house. They each have their favorite spots to curl up and sleep, and somehow they always remember exactly where the dog treats are kept.
Our newest granddog is Mabel, a two-year-old retired racing greyhound who came all the way from Australia. Before our daughter and son-in-law adopted Mabel, she lived with three different foster families. She is sweet, gentle, and already completely at home with us. It didn’t take long for this beautiful girl to steal our hearts in a very big way.




Absolutely adorable!! All four of them! And, yes, loving grand pups is the ideal way for us these days:)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jennifer! We get our puppy fix and then send them back to mom and dad. :-)
DeleteThey are all so cute! We have 4 granddogs, but 2 are in KY so we don't see them often.
ReplyDeleteI love dogs so much, but am content to get my "puppy fix" from friends' and neighbors' dogs. When we take our walks in the mornings, Susan, Sandy and I try to remember to pocket some dog treats because we always meet up with some dogs, also out for their morning walks. Some of them start wagging their tails when they see us! It's a bit sad that we know dog names, but not the owner's names! LOL I have two cats. Love them so much, and they are much easier to care for. Thankfully, I have friends and neighbors who don't mind popping in twice a day when I am traveling (not often). Thanks for sharing your grandpups with us Kris!! xo
ReplyDelete