The Joy of Something Handmade

I received the sweetest package from my cousin Debbie today! Debbie is such a talented crafter and often sells her creations at a local farmers' market in Washington. She sent me one of her adorable fall totes, along with a treat bag for each of my grandchildren. I absolutely love everything!

I already know exactly how I’ll use my tote. I’ve been needing a bag for my books when we go camping, and this one will be perfect.

Debbie also creates her own greeting cards using her watercolor paintings, and I always love getting one of her handwritten letters or cards in the mail. When my mom was alive, Deb would send her cards and letters throughout the year, and they always made her day. Her thoughtfulness still makes my day in the very same way.

I wish we lived closer, but I’m thankful for text messages and phone calls that help close the miles between us.

When was the last time you sent or received a handwritten letter or card? There’s just something special about opening the mailbox and finding something from someone you love. I’m not nearly as good at sending them as I’d like to be, so I’m making a promise to myself to start doing it more often.



Comments

  1. Love the totes and cards! What wonderful special gifts! Always extra special when made with love! I am trying to be more thoughtful about getting cards out to people..I used to do it regularly for our church, but I gave that job up as I was beginning to burn out and having trouble keeping up. Now I do it more spontaneously as the "Spirit" moves me and I'm trying to get back in the groove. It's always so nice to get an unexpected note or card or gift in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see how you could get burned out with it. When it becomes something you have to do, it can take some of the joy out of it. I like the idea of just sending a card when the spirit moves you!

      Delete
  2. What a great gift to receive in the mail!! It is always nice to be surprised and to feel the love! I am terrible about mailing cards and letters. Social media has made -me lazy. I used to get compliments on my handwriting. Now my handwriting looks terrible. I have lost my edge!! It is just easier to type!! Thanks for the reminder about how good it feels to be the receiver!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to send out invitations, and now even invitations are digital!

      Delete
  3. The tote is so cute! I'm trying to be more mindful of sending out cards. They mean a lot when you get them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mari. I remember years ago I was in a scrapbooking club, and we used to have a theme each month and create some really cute cards. I miss that...it was fun!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Back To Blogging!

What's Cooking Wednesday: Chicken Rice Bake